Footwear News, the industry bible of the shoe business for more than 70 years, presented the 31st FN Achievement Awards at IAC Headquarters in New York City.
The 2017 FN Achievement Awards highlighted both rising stars and industry legends.
The annual event, often referred to as the “Shoe Oscars,” recognizes and celebrates the best and brightest stars in the footwear industry
31ST FN ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
The FN Achievement Awards were proudly sponsored by the Fashion Footwear Association of New York (FFANY), Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America (FDRA), Zappos Luxury and Ruffino Wine.
The 31st FN Achievement Award honorees and presenters included:
- Virgil Abloh on behalf of the Air Jordan 1 x Virgil Abloh – Shoe of the Year presented by Heron Preston (Designer)
- Hailey Baldwin – Style Influencer of the Year presented by Tabitha Simmons (Designer)
- Alexa Chung on behalf of ALEXACHUNG – Launch of the Year presented by Derek Blasberg (Vanity Fair)
- Stan Smith – Manolo Blahnik Lifetime Achievement Award presented by Mark King (President of Adidas North America)
- Ronnie Fieg on behalf of Kith – Collaborator of the Year presented by Tommy Hilfiger (Principal Designer, The Tommy Hilfiger Group)
- Victor Luis – Person of the Year presented by Chloë Grace Moretz (Actress)
- Gianvito Rossi – Designer of the Year presented by Julia Restoin Roitfeld (Art Director / Model)
- Mary Alice Malone and Roy Luwolt on behalf of Malone Souliers – Vivian Infantino Emerging Talent Award presented by Jill Kargman (Author)
- Diane Sullivan – Icon Award for Social Impact presented by Libby Edelman (Co-Founder, Sam Edelman) and Carla Hendra (Vice-Chairman, Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide)
- Gilda Ambrosio and Giorgia Tordini on behalf of Attico – Launch of the Year presented by Roopal Patel (Fashion Director, Saks Fifth Avenue)
- David Kahan on behalf of Birkenstock – Brand of the Year presented by Tarek Hassan (Owner, Concepts)
- Steve Madden on behalf of Steve Madden Ltd. – Company of the Year presented by Caroline Vreeland (Singer / Songwriter)
- Adam Petrick on behalf of Puma – Marketer of the Year presented by Walt Frazier (Former NBA Player) and Skylar Diggins-Smith (WNBA All-Star)
- Hall of Fame inductees:
- Liz Rodbell (President, Lord & Taylor) presented by Nina Garcia (Editor-in-Chief, Elle)
- Rick Ausick (President of Famous Footwear, Caleres) presented by Rick Graham (Senior Vice-President, Skechers Collection, LLC)
Additional VIP guests included: Brooklyn Beckham, Louise Camuto (Model / Businesswoman), Blair Eadie (Blogger, Atlantic-Pacific), Edward Rosenfeld (CEO, Steve Madden, Ltd.), Justine Skye (Recording Artist), DJ Clark Kent, and more.
EVENT HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDED:
- Presenter Chloë Grace Moretz attended alongside boyfriend Brooklyn Beckham.
- Moretz commented how happy she was that the event gave her the opportunity to be visiting New York from Los Angeles, as Beckham lives in New York.
- During her acceptance speech for Style Influencer of the Year, Hailey Baldwin discussed being inspired by streetwear, stating: “I’m very inspired by the youth, constantly, and if I’ve inspired even just one person then I feel like I’m doing something right.”
- Steve Madden took the stage to accept his award for Company of the Year, jesting in his acceptance speech, “I thought Ivanka Trump was gonna be here… but I’m glad she’s not!”
- While accepting the award for Shoe of the Year, Virgil Abloh highlighted the importance of keeping the “intern spirit” alive in order to disrupt the fashion industry with new ideas. He ended his speech by encouraging the crowd to high-five their interns tomorrow.
- After Roy Luwolt accepted the Vivian Infantino Emerging Talent Award on behalf of Malone Souliers, presenter Jill Kargman announced that Luwolt has just been revealed as the new global CEO of Emanuel Ungaro.
About Footwear News:
Footwear News is the leading shoe magazine and website bringing you the latest in industry business, trends, runway and street fashion as well as key influencers.