Adele’s look was true Hollywood glamour on last night’s Oscar Red Carpet. Hairstylist Michael Ashton created a voluminous, half-updo that complemented her classic black Jenny Packham gown.
To recreate this look, follow these steps from Michael using products from John Frieda.
1. Towel dry wet hair, removing excess moisture before working through the NEW Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray ($9.99 at drugstores) on mid-lengths and ends.
2. Flip hair over with your head between your knees, blasting hot air down the hair shaft for instant lift at the roots and thickness through the rest of the hair.
3. When hair is about 80 percent dry, flip your hair back over and take large sections, smoothing them with a medium-sized round brush. Pay particular attention to the ends to ensure they are bouncy and luscious.
4. Section the hair into quarters and apply a medium-large curling iron to each section to achieve a contemporary and feminine texture. Next, set in hot rollers. Once cool, carefully brush through hair with a natural bristle brush.
5. Continue for the remaining three sections, ensuring that as you have finished curling each section you pin it in a barrel curl using a sectioning clip while it cools and sets.
6. After 5-10 minutes, remove the sectioning clips and gently tousle hair. Pull half of the hair back and tease at the crown, securing pieces together in the back of the head. Leave down two small sections of hair to frame the face. Mist Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray ($5.99 at drugstores) for a long-lasting finish.
Find John Frieda products at Ulta, Walgreen’s, Target, Walmart, and other major retailers nationwide.