Getting the Perfect Waves
- Step 1: While hair is damp, spray UNITE 7Seconds Conditioner ($26.25) from roots to ends and comb through.
- Step 2: Apply a liberal amount of UNITE Blow & Set Lotion ($26.25) and work through from root to ends.
- Step 3: Use a round brush and blow dry hair to create the initial wave. The blow dryer will activate the hold of the Blow & Set Lotion.
- Step 4: Once hair is dry, section off the hair framing your face and create pin curls, securing with a hair clip.
- Step 5: Using small sections, clamp a curling iron midway down the hair shaft. Roll up towards the roots. Slightly release the clamp of the iron while continuing to curl down towards the ends.
- Step 6: After hair has been curled, release the pin curls and sprinkle a light amount of UNITE Expanda Dust ($26.25) throughout to maximize the volume. Shake hair out slightly to evenly distribute.
Changing up Your Look
Find yourself in a hairstyle rut? Or, just want to try something new without stepping into a salon? Here are three styles that are innovative, easy to create at home, and work on just about anyone:
- Slicked Back: The key to this look is gel. Using a light-hold gel, apply to damp strands combing halfway through and leaving ends dry. Try UNITE Hair Liqua Versa Gel ($26.25).
- High Ponytail: Pump a volumizing spray throughout hair and blow dry. Try UNITE Hair Boosta Spray ($26.25). Next, brush hair high up at the crown, securing with a clip or with a hair tie. Use a strong hold hairspray, such as UNITE Session Max Hairspray ($29.95) to control flyaways.
- Topknot Bun: On air dried hair, apply a thickening spray from root to end, try UNITE Tricky Lite ($31). Then flip head over and using a paddle brush, pull hair into a high ponytail, securing with a rubber band. Next, twist hair into a bun, using bobby pins to keep hair in place.
Using Dry Shampoo
When it comes to keeping hair looking healthy and shiny, washing it every day can damage your hair’s color and condition. Skip your daily routine but freshen up your style with UNITE 7Seconds Dry Shampoo ($28.75). Dry Shampoo is also a key styling product for some of the hottest hair trends. Here are three styles to achieve using the UNITE Dry Shampoo:
- Braids: For sexy textured braids, add dry shampoo at the root and shake out hair before weaving.
- Beach Waves: The key to nailing this look is creating a voluminous, yet piecey finish. Always start with dry shampoo then scrunch and shake for easy, undone appeal.
- Slicked Back Ponytail: Even sleek styles can benefit from a little dry shampoo especially on day two or three of a wash. Add a little of the dry shampoo then comb hair back and secure with an elastic.