More New Watches Coming to WatchTime New York
30 Watch Brands Will Present or Debut Their Latest Watches
to the U.S. Market at Gotham Hall
Thirty of the world’s most fascinating and luxurious watch brands will return to New York for the fourth edition of the WatchTime New York Show on October 26 and 27.
The largest public watch event in the United States will take over Gotham Hall once again, and is expected to welcome an estimated 1,000 watch collectors and enthusiasts over two days for cocktails, collection presentations, and panel events.
In its fourth year, this high-profile luxury event has become the ideal stage for global watch launches, US product debuts, and first looks at the latest timepieces by leading watch designers. Here are some of the watch highlights you can expect to see at WatchTime New York’s 2018 edition:
Exclusive Timepiece Debuts at WatchTime New York 2018
1. Japanese high-end watchmaker Grand Seiko will unveil 3 versions of the new Grand Seiko U.S. Exclusive Limited Edition to the world at the WatchTime New York Show, including 950 platinum, 18k rose gold, or stainless-steel. Each dial features a traditional Japanese painting technique called Kira-zuri (which translates to “sparkling painting”), best known as a technique used to create Kabuki theater backgrounds.
2. For the WatchTime New York event, Raymond Weil will unveil a new version of the Calibre RW1212 Skeleton as part of the Freelancer collection with a “titanium-colored steel” case and an NAC anthracite treatment on the skeletonized baseplates.
3. In an exclusive global launch for WatchTime New York, renowned engineer and watch designer Romain Gauthier will present his Insight Micro-Rotor Natural Titanium timepiece. This oven-fired, black enamel watch’s signature feature is its bidirectional 22-karat gold micro-rotor, which is visible both from the dial side and from the back.
4. American watch brand RGM will debut its William Penn Model to the public for the first time at WatchTime New York in a 10-piece limited edition with a new old-stock case (Swiss-made), American-made dial, and hands.
US First Looks at WatchTime New York
- Vacheron Constantin brings its Traditionnelle Complete Calendar Collection Excellence Platine to the United States for the first time since its debut at SIHH. Limited to just 100 pieces, nearly every element of this timepiece is crafted in platinum, from case to dial to buckle.
- Czapek & Cie. debuts its first-ever chronograph, the Faubourg de Cracovie Dioné & Rhea. The newly revitalized brand, which once catered to Parisian greats like Napoleon III, brings its third collection to Gotham Hall for all to see.
- Jaquet Droz will present its first-ever skeletonized timepiece, the Grande Seconde Skelet-One, which brings a new sense of clarity and diversity to Jaquet Droz’s elegant collections. The brand will also bring its world-renowned minute repeaters, automaton timepieces whose delicate songbirds and butterflies are known to chime and move on the wrist at the push of a button.
- WatchTime New York attendees can get a closer look at Bremont’snew Bremont U-2/51-JET watch, worn by Tom Hardy in the recently-released Venom (ital) film. The black-on-black watch, affiliated with the British Royal Air Force, suits Hardy’s dark character with a sleek, military-inspired profile.
Notable Timepieces Coming to Gotham Hall
In a rare treat for the United States, WatchTime New York attendees will get the chance to meet and greet watchmaking star Fiona Krüger, one of the few well-known female watch designers in the industry, who first made her name with her iconic skull-inspired watch designs.
• De Bethune will bring its GPHG-nominated DB25 Starry Varius, a highly coveted astronomical timepiece whose gilded Milky Way constellation dial may be oriented and customized to the collector’s exact location, even down to the date and time of choice.
• Swiss watchmaking maison Bovet brings its exquisite, celestially inspired Récital 22 “Grand Récital” timepiece to WatchTime New York. Limited to just 60 pieces worldwide, the Grand Récital features a three-dimensional view of Earth from above, hand-painted with otherworldly luminous material that glows in the dark.
2018 WATCH BRANDS
WatchTime is an award-winning luxury watch media platform based in New York City, and a founding member of the Watch Experts Excellence Network.
WatchTime New York, America’s Luxury Watch Event, is a two-day event experience for lovers of fine timepieces, now in its fourth year, taking place in New York City on October 26th and 27th, presented by WatchTime Magazine and luxury lifestyle platform WatchAnish.
Held at Manhattan’s elegant Gotham Hall, WatchTime New York will feature a star-studded lineup of watch brand exhibitors, including Omega, Vacheron Constantin, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Bovet, Breguet, MB&F, Grand Seiko, Greubel Forsey, and more.
The event will open with an exclusive cocktail reception for more than 200 VIP guests that include watch manufacturers, collectors, and industry experts, while the following full-day event will feature brand presentations and Q&A sessions with WatchTime’s expert editorial staff, noted collector and WatchTime collaborator Jeff Kingston, and renowned industry experts.
Guests may purchase tickets at