Are you the vision that you wanted to be in 2020? Or is your style still so last year?
The Barely Xtensions style crew is helping people elevate their looks to rock 2020 beautifully.
And make sure you’re not making any common Beauty Blunders that could be sabotaging your look.
Moving forward, the Barely Xtensions team urges you to avoid these top Beauty Blunders in the new year:
- Making it up. Strive for the “right” amount of makeup in 2020. Too much makeup can look overdone and mask beautiful features. A common mistake is applying foundation all over the face – instead it should cover blemishes, dark circles and other imperfections. Makeup should enhance your natural beauty and make you look radiant.
- Throwing Shade. The average woman spends a whopping $300,000 on makeup in their lifetime, according to Skin Store. And, sometimes, women make mistakes with their purchases. For instance, choosing the wrong shade of foundation. Makeup that’s too dark (or too light) will look obvious and unnatural. As we age, our makeup routine needs to evolve accordingly. If you have fine lines around your eyes (or anywhere on your face), don’t wear loose powder that could accentuate these lines.
- Stuck in a Rut. Seasons change, colors and styles change, but are you stuck in your comfort zone – afraid to commit to a new style or look? Cheating is easy with tools like the 3-in-1 Hair Wrap or ponyta
il from Barely Xtensions.
- You can add length, volume, color(s) and play with different styles – without a permanent commitment.
- Use it or lose it. Yes, makeup expires, so be sure to regularly throw out the old and buy new products. Mascara expires after three months. Foundation, concealer and eyeliner should be tossed after six months. Lipstick expires after a year. Get rid of blush, eye shadow and powder after two years. Whenever any makeup is cracked, dry or separating, toss it and replace it. Also, get rid of any eye makeup that you used while having an eye infection (such as conjunctivitis) to avoid re-infection. Ditto for lipstick or gloss that you used with a cold sore.
- Being a Dirty Bird. We can’t emphasize this enough: wash your face every night before bed. Sleeping with a face full of makeup can lead to clogged pores, blackheads and dreaded zits. Also – wash your face after a sweat session at the gym to keep your skin healthy. If you want to take that extra step try a deep clean with a rotating brush like this from Sally Beauty Supply.
- Screen isn’t Routine. While you may lather up with sunscreen for a day at the beach, many people neglect to make sunscreen part of their daily routine. That’s a mistake, as we’re all exposed to the sun’s damaging rays every day – while walking the dog, waiting at the bus stop, going for a run, running errands, etc. Find a moisturizer with SPF and make this part of your daily routine. Also, find an SPF that you like for your body, and use it regularly to protect your precious skin.
- Quenching the Thirst. If you’re dehydrated, it doesn’t matter how much moisturizer and lotion you slather on – your skin will be dehydrated, dry and itchy. One of the best things you can do for your skin (and your overall health) is to drink plenty of water each day. You glow, girl.
“The Barely Xtensions team wants everyone to look and feel their best this year, so be sure you’re not making any of these common mistakes in 2020,” Mullings added. “Avoid these Beauty Blunders for your most beautiful year ever.”
About Barely Xtensions:
Barely Xtensions is the Ultra-Seamless difference in hair extensions, offering affordable luxury and easy application. A revolutionary SlimClip Technology provides a smooth and sleek undetectable finish in dimensional colors. From natural highlights, lowlights and balayage to blends of pink or grey. Find the latest styles and products like the 3-in-1 Hair Wrap and ponytail exclusively at Sally Beauty throughout the United States and Canada. For fashion inspiration visit the website at barelyxtensions.com or connect with Barely Xtensions at Instagram/barelyxtensions,
Facebook/barelyxtensions, Twit ter/barelyxtensions, and Pinterest/barelyxtensions.